How to migrate a SQL database to Microsoft Azure SQL V12
This is a session about migrating on premise SQL database to Microsoft Azure SQL V12. I present the session to following user groups.
- North Boston Azure Cloud User Group on February 28, 2017.
- Capital Area SQL Server User Group, Albany, NY on May 9, 2017.
- Pass DBA Virtual Chapter on April 12, 2017
- SQL Saturday Rochester (#619) on April 29, 2017
- New England SQL Server User Group on May 10, 2017
- SQL Saturday Providence (#694) on December 09, 2017
There are many tools available to successfully migrate your on-premises relational database to Microsoft Azure SQL V12 database. Do you know what tools are available for migration? How do you choose the best tool for you? How do you analyze what objects are not compatible for migrating to Azure? It depends on the type, size and complexity of the database being migrated. In this demo based session I will show you 4 different tools, that you can use to analyze/migrate your on-premises SQL Database to Microsoft Azure SQL V12. We will migrate a single database using 4 different tools so you know what options are available for you. I will also talk about where you can download and how you can set up these tools. Briefly talk about pros and cons of each tool. At the end of this session you will be aware of the various techniques available to analyze and migrate SQL Database to Azure V12 and chose the best fitting one for your database.
If you have any question regarding the code please feel free to send me a note.